Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Woah & First Steps


Y'all, this is embarrassing. I've gained twenty pounds over the past five years. The past three at an exponential rate. Ugh!! Not that I want to be rail thin again, but I'd like my clothes to fit better and all around be a healthier person.

So, instead of beating myself up, I'm looking at it as a desire to be a healthier me. No fad diets, nothing like that. I dislike stuff like that because I think it overrides the original intent which should be health.

The first step for me today is water water water water! I have to get in at least 64 ounces of water today. Not tea, not juice, not wine- ahem. JUst delicious crystal clean water.

The second step today will be no wine with dinner or after work. It's not that big of a deal. I'll save that glass of deliciousness for another night.

The third step for me today will be to take my vitamins like a grown-ass woman should. I was doing so good for a few weeks there then gave up the ghost around my pre-Thanksgiving bout with mild food poisoning.

That's it. That's how I'm beginning. It isn't much, but doesn't every little bit count? I surely think so. I'd rather dip my toe into this situation slowly and positively and for the right reasons.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment